Health Privacy Update – May 2017
On May 3rd, the Information and Privacy Commissioner and his team was in Thunder Bay.
He released a new presentation
- He receives between 300-350 health privacy complaints annually
- He talked about the new social worker prosecution
- He reminded the audience about the new Code of Procedures for health privacy cases with his office
- He also mentioned that in June 2017, there will be a court case to consider whether a list of the Top 100 billing doctors in Ontario will be made public
And then there was a session on health information. It discusses:
- Abandoned records
- Bill 119
- Unauthorized access prosecutions
Reading updates from the IPC is one of the ways you keep up-to-date on the changing landscape of health privacy!