Do you work in public health? New resource!!
I’m a little late announcing this, but I was thrilled to be invited to participate in the 4th Edition of Public Health Law and Policy in Canada, which was published last year.
Elaine Gibson from Dalhousie University and I wrote a chapter called “Public Health Information Privacy and Confidentiality”.
In it we address the topics of:
- Public health legislation and the Criminal Code
- Release of information
- Capacity and substitute decision-making
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Contact notification
- Disease prevention and health promotion
- Surveillance, epidemiology and research
There is so much more to this book. This is THE resource for legal issues in the public health space in Canada. The authors are leading academics and practitioners from across the country.
Check it out!